My Southern Living at Home...»

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Wow, it's already Thursday!

Thank-goodness, too!! Last night I was thinking it was only Tuesday. I think the holiday Monday through me off. It was a great surprise when SIL informed me it was Wednesday. What a week it has been!! It's been cold & rainy all week. Tootie hasn't been able to go outside or to the park to play. We are all climbing the walls. There is an indoor park somewhere around here. In Old Town, I think. I just can't remember where exactly (never been to it) or the name. I'm going to have to try & figure this one out. Tootie needs to get some energy out. Monday - I think it was Monday (could have very well been Sunday still), I went to do the laundry. All was good for the first couple loads (I procrastinated). Then one load was still wet like it hadn't been spun enough. I threw it in the dryer & the dryer would go for about 30 seconds sounding like it was struggling & then die. I called the neighbor over to check it out. We problem solved the dryer & got it working again. It was my robe weighing it down. That thing weighs a ton soaking wet. The neighbor, Bob (Tootie LOVES saying... ok, yelling, his name - BOB, BOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBB, lol) calls the other neighbor, Chuck about the washer. Chuck is a retired SEARS repair man. We picked a good neighborhood to live in. Retired, helpful, kind & caring neighbors. It was late so I just told Chuck that we could just figure it out the next day. Ok, so this all did happen Monday. I remember now. No mail Monday, but the mail did come while Chuck was fixing the washer the next day. Tootie likes to help me get the mail. Ok, so Chuck comes over & takes the washer apart thinking it's the motor. Nope, not the motor, but there was a balled up baby sock staring at us. Not only was it a baby sock, but a VA Tech baby sock that has been MIA for a few weeks now. It migrated to the outside of the tub & eventually spun itself into a ball. Now that the sock has been rescued the washer is back to doing it's job & the laundry is finally done.

This week has kind of blurred by. I've been trying to get a lot done around the house in between chasing a 2 year old around that doesn't nap anymore & a teething baby who doesn't want to sleep at night anymore. Life is just great on no sleep. I'm hoping Princess' lack of sleep is due to her top tooth pop'n out. She's been a great sleeper up until this week. It all started with her waking up a couple times during the night to last night where she stayed up until late & then was up just about every hour. I need to drop her mattress today. She's starting to pull herself up on things - one being her mattress. Tootie is doing really good with the potty training. He had his pull-up on this morning & went with out being reminded. YAY!! Go Toot-toot. He's a handful during the day but at night he's been doing the cutest things & it makes me forget about the terrorizing he did earlier in the day. Last night I was folding some clothes & he decided that he wanted to help. He shook the clothes out, laid them out & attempted to fold them the way I was folding. His clothes ended up in a ball, but he was so proud of himself that I just let him continue helping.

Well Princess might actually be tired now. Off to drop her mattress & convince her that sleep is a good thing!

0 comments: