My Southern Living at Home...»

Friday, August 22, 2008

To-do lists

We're down to only a small handful of weeks left until the Pilot comes home. I made myself a to-do list. I was actually ahead of my time line that I allowed myself to have "off" last week to focus on school work. Well during that week I added to my list thanks to a decorating show mom told me about. Now I am on a mission to recreate the "budget" make over on an even smaller budget. I will have to blog about it when it's complete. I've decided that everything does not have to be perfect for when he comes home. I've already done a lot. It's near impossible to have things perfect with 2 little ones and dogs living here. I'm only driving myself batty. I'm going to concentrate on the major items and continue to work on the smaller things while he's back to work. I don't want to be working up the minute we leave to get him. I want to take that week before to relax. I took out the banner that I made for last time. I need to add to it to include the dates of this deployment. It's things like that, light cleaning & food shopping that I want to spend that last week doing. I do need to prepare my donation bag. The Vets are coming September 2nd. As I come across an item I have just been tossing it into the loft area.

The kids are getting excited for daddy to come home. Mr Independent takes a paper ring of the chain every night... "one night closer to daddy is home". Princess found a picture of the Pilot, pointed to it & said "daddy". That really surprised me. I think the dogs sense something is going on because they are under my feet all the time.

Well, back to my list...

0 comments: