My Southern Living at Home...»

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Don't forget to brush your teeth tonight

Yesterday R & I made some super yummy strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese icing. So yummy that R decided to sneak one for breakfast this morning. He had fun helping me. I let him pour, stir, and hold. We made a dozen cupcakes, 3 ice cream cone cupcakes (which fell flat), and 2 jar cakes.

Oh! I took the kids yesterday to get their Halloween pictures done. So cute!!! I'll have to scan them in. I mailed a few out.

The past few days have been lazy. We're all coming down with something. It started with R, then me, & A came home last night feeling 'off'. I'm hoping L doesn't catch what ever it is. We all have a lot of congestion & R has a little cough. He sounds worse when he wakes up.

Today was a pretty busy day. I know I am worn out! Everyone Wednesday is music class. Today the kids got to come in their Halloween costumes. Music class in general tired R & me. It's kind of at a hard time, too. 11 to noon. R ends up falling asleep in the car on the way home before I can get him lunch. Sometimes I will wake him up to get lunch, but if I do that he won't take a good nap after lunch. Today he got a little goodie bag. He broke into it on the way home & sucked on a tootsie pop. He ended up falling asleep with a red ring of stickiness on his face and hands. YUCK! I was going to take R up to the mall for a little trick or treating before hitting up our neighborhood, but for some reason they weren't doing it this year. I made calzones for dinner tonight. I pre-made them this afternoon so all we had to do was pop them in the oven when we were ready to eat. I also figured it was an easy meal to eat if we were going to be answering the door a lot. When A came home I loaded the kids up in the car & took them to a friends house to trick or treat at their house. We stayed their for a few & then headed back home. A & I decided to take the kids out to a few houses. We put a small bowl of candy at the door. I figured someone would just take it all, but they trick or treaters were good. We had a few pieces left. R came back with his pumpkin pretty full. We let him pick out 1 piece to have after he ate his dinner. I'm going to have to find a better hiding place for his candy. It's up high but it's visible. While we ate a few more kids came to the door. We went through 2 of those big mix bags of candy. After his bath, R came back downstairs to lay on the couch. His busy day really pooped him out! He's snoring away. L looked sooo cute in her ladybug costume. I've had several people ask me where I found R's pilot suit.

We're all going to sleep good tonight!!

0 comments: