My Southern Living at Home...»

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire...

Wrong time of year, but I have this song... well actually only that one line, stuck in my head. It's like a scratched record that just keeps playing the same line over & over.

The fire situation has died down for the most part. Things seem to be under control. The air is clearer here. The winds are gone for now. The weather is definitely cooler.

I haven't written in a few days because I had company over. A flew out earlier last week to meet up with his brothers to see a Tech game. Then he drove back cross country with one of the brothers. I'll call him MB. MB's wife, A, & her daughter came down for a weekend visit. They are stationed just north of L.A. They got here late Friday night. Saturday we just kind of dorked around some. Drove down to Poway to pick up my car that A left at his parents house. The air there is still filled with smoke. The 45 minute drive left us parched. I had A take pictures of the fire damage on our way down. We got to see an amazing rainbow over Poway. A nice change to the scene earlier in the week. We went & saw The Game Plan. It was a cute movie. Later that night A & I took the kids to a Japanese steak house for dinner. R enjoys watching the chef cook in front of him. He's not even scared of the fire. The guys some how made it back a day early. They got in late Saturday night.

Today was a lazy day around here. None of our house projects were touched. It's nice to have a relaxing do nothing day once in a while. We caught up on some t.v., carved one of our pumpkins, & made a failed attempt at hot spiced cider (I left the spices in waaaaaaay too long). I'll probably roast some of the seeds tomorrow night. R really enjoyed getting his hands inside the pumpkin to clean it out.

Off to bed. Just wanted to do a quick update.

0 comments: