My Southern Living at Home...»

Saturday, March 8, 2008

What a day!

Princess woke up throwing up. Great, now she has *THE* bug. Tootie has a few red bumps on him now, too. Had a chicken pox scare. Even if you have had the vaccine you can still get a mild case. San Diego had a measle out break, but we haven't been down that way really. The bumps still look the same tonight as they did this morning. I'm now leaning more towards a rash due to the flu. Breakfast this morning was dry cheerios & toast. Then we ventured out to the store to stock up on Jello, gator aide for Tootie & Pedialyte for Princess. Lunch was Jello & crackers. I went a little wild with dinner & we had baked potatoes & more Jello. LOL Princess barely ate anything today. She was happy with her liquid diet.

I came across a great find today while we were out. There were a few yard sales going on in the neighborhood. Driving out I saw a table & chair set. I have been looking for something for out back on the patio. I've been hoping to come across something that I like that also didn't cost an arm & a leg. We have a tall table out there now with chairs. That's under the covered part of out patio. I wanted a table to go out on the part that is not covered. I decided to go to the store first & then grab some money out of the ATM. If the table was there on my way home then it was meant to be. It was still there!! So I pulled the car over & checked it out. It's a Pier 1 dining room table that has a glass top & wrought iron legs. There are 5 chairs that are wrought iron with wicker backs & seats. I was expecting the owner to say price well over $100. I didn't want to spend more then $100. $70 for the whole set is what they wanted. SOLD! I know you couldn't buy 1 of the chairs at Pier 1 for $70. I'm still on the hunt for the vanity chair that I want. I'll stumble across it one day...

0 comments: