My Southern Living at Home...»

Monday, April 7, 2008

Lets play a little game called "catch up"

I know, I know... it's been a couple, maybe going on a few weeks since I last wrote to you all - my loyal dedicated fans. LOL Things have been busy around here. Tonight is the first night that I have had a few quiet hours to myself. I'm working on a project for the Pilot so I figured it was a good time to catch up on here. Princess didn't take an afternoon nap so she was out by 6:40pm & Tootie, strangely enough, followed shortly after her. The dogs even went to bed early! I know I should be there, too, but I have a few things I need to get moving on. So, what have we been up to you ask??! Lets see...

My parents arrived on March 15th & stayed a week. That was the night I had my O' Wives get together & we all met Jimmy Fallon. I haven't written since then. Tootie participated in 4 different egg hunts through out the week. My MOMS club had one. The Easter bunny was there & Tootie wanted absolutely nothing to do with him. He climbed my leg saying "no mommy, no mommy" over & over. Not going to force it on the child. Then we had a squadron get together. We got him to give the Easter bunny a high five. He saw Princess sitting on the bunny's lap & she didn't get scared, so the bunny must be o.k. While we were there the bunny came to the house & hid a few eggs. At 2 he has a pretty good egg collecting system down. Put the basket down & fill your arms full of eggs. Place them in the basket & go get more. On Easter Sunday we went down to the in-laws for the day. We all went to Hotel Del for brunch & the last egg hunt. It was a pretty good day although the Santa Ana winds kicked my allergies into full gear.

Oh! We also went to Disneyland. That was a blast. Tons of rides Tootie could ride on & even Princess rode a few. We'll be going back!

Since then I have torn the garage apart... well my half, to purge & organize. Having 2 little helpers has slowed the process down but I think I am doing pretty good. Once I get that all put back together I can move onto my scrapbooks & the garden.

Every Tuesday certain museums down at Balboa Park are free. I took Tootie to the train museum. Trains are his latest obsession. The museum isn't the largest place but we some how managed to spend over 2 hours looking around. It was pretty neat! Balboa Park in general was pretty cool. We'll definitely need to explore it some more.

We finally have a park close by. Can't walk to it, but it's a 2 minute drive. It's been there for a couple years now, but it's been all fenced up. Something with permit issues. Anyways, it's pretty nice. There is a little rock fountain area that the kids can run threw & 2 separate play areas for the kids (under 5 & over 5). Of course Tootie enjoyed playing more in the older kids area. There is a slide that is about 10' up in the area. That was his favorite. He liked to fly down it. He wouldn't land so gracefully but he'd get up & say "I ok" & go some more. He's such a hoot.

I had a wonderful birthday this year. The Pilot got me an iPod Touch & some beautiful flowers. A couple of the girls from the squadron that live up here & I went out for a dance class & then dinner. It was really a great night. This past weekend SIL & her daughter drove down & we all met up at the in-laws. We had a yummy birthday dinner of chicken curry & cheese cake for dessert. Saturday we (SIL, niece & me) drove up to California Adventure. Afterwards we went to dinner.

Well that's about all of it in a nutshell. I need to get back to work on this project & then go to bed.

0 comments: