My Southern Living at Home...»

Sunday, January 3, 2010

January Journal Response

The following questions are from Once Around the Sun blog.

*List 5 fantastic events that happened to you in 2009... Why are they significant to you?
1) Birth of J... Ou 3rd beautiful child & 2nd son. Need I say more?
2) Family came from across the states to visit us. The military takes you all over & not always close to your family and friends.
3) The kids & I got to come to VA to be with family for the holidays. (See reason in #2)
4) I was able to take advantage of some "free" money to go back to school. Adding to my collection of degrees, lol. It's free money - money I don't have to pay back. What could be better than that??!
5) Little selfish one... I got my land yatch. After this trip of squeezing 3 car seats into the back of a car & fishing for buckles, I am VERY thankful we have a vehicle with 3 rows & that the 2nd row is captains chairs.

*List 5 not so fantastic events that happened in 2009... Did you learn from these events? Are you stronger?
1) The big D... deployment #3 in 4 years. From this one I learned how to unclog drains, how to turn water off to the whole house & yard (minor pipe burst... three times!), & something else that I have blocked from my memory, lol.
2) The horrible housing market. Thankfully we don't plan on selling any time soon.

That's all I can think of for not so fantastic events in 2009 If anything else comes to mind I will add them it. We were really lucky that it wasn't a horrible year for us like many others. The husband has a fantastic stable job even if it takes him away from us for periods at a time.

1 comments:

Peasblog said...

I linked your blog thanks sooo much for letting me know
i love the shoes BTW!