My Southern Living at Home...»

Monday, February 4, 2008

I eat like a kid... I will admit it, too!

I was trying to think the other day of what I ate while the Pilot was away on his last deployment. Honestly, I'm not sure. I could come up with a few meals, but how did I survive the 7 months. It's not that I can't cook. I can. I just cook differently when he's gone. I have certain meals I enjoy that he really doesn't care for much. Two I can think of are Chicken Paprikas (a Hungarian meal) & meatloaf. I get my fill while he's gone & I am good to go for a while. Last deployment Tootie was 2 months to 9 months. Well now he's 2 & eats what ever we eat. The Pilot always says I eat like a kid, too. I can do hot dogs & beans or breakfast for dinner. I live this up while he's gone, too. Why should I could this big meal? It's just me & a toddler. I can only eat left overs of a certain meal for so long. Tonight I made Mac & Cheese Lasagna. Tootie inhaled his. I like quick & easy meals. He also enjoyed helping me make it. I let him pour, stir & sprinkle. We have enough left overs for 2 meals. So maybe lunch tomorrow & dinner Wednesday night? I do know that on Friday is going to be pizza night. So I have 3 nights left in between to come up with something.

I started attempting to do taxes tonight. I have a feeling I am still missing a piece of paper work or 2. I might leave it be until the weekend. That gives the mailman the next few days to deliver the stragglers. This is my first attempt at doing taxes completely myself. Things are completely different this year than in the past. We have a new dependant (easy) & we now own a house (giving me a headache on top of the investments). Another note to self... don't try doing the taxes while the kids are up running around & screeching. That could be part of the headache.

We officially survived one weekend of this deployment. Only a hundred billion more to go. Ok, that was a HUGE exaggeration. I was talking to a friend the other day & mentioned how the number of weeks he will be gone seem easier to grasp than the number of months. The weeks number is like 3 times bigger than the months. I think it's because each week I can cross off seems to make the number go down faster then being able to cross off a month at a time. So far the days seem to be speeding by. Well at least the hours in each day. I have a count down for the whole thing but it's a drag at this point to look at. Not really worth looking at until we get to the half way mark. So to make that time go faster I am making a list of other items to count down along the way. Just like marking the weeks off, I can mark off the countdowns & see that list gets smaller. Some of you might not get the point of this, but I know a few of you do. You do what ever you can to keep your head up.

The dogs have been pretty good so far. I just can't wait for it to get warm again. Then I can leave the back door open & then can go in & out as they wish. For now they are just driving me nuts wanting in & out every 5 minutes (& that's not an exaggeration either!). I working on getting the kids back on a schedule. I have a daytime one,but while the Pilot was home there wasn't much of one. Tootie would have that time to hang out with his daddy & Princess just hung out downstairs until we went to bed (she'd fall asleep before that). Tootie is fine with or with out one. I'm doing it mainly for my sanity. I'm trying to get dinner on the table for us at a decent time. When the Pilot was home we tended to eat later because he wouldn't get home from work until after 6:30. I want Tootie to have some down time or play time (anything!) after he eats & before he goes to bed. So I'm thinking baths around 7/7:30pm, story time & bed by 8/8:30.

It's getting late here. I have a little cleaning I need to do before I go to bed. Thanks for reading my ramblings.

0 comments: