My Southern Living at Home...»

Friday, February 15, 2008

Ugh

I think it's my turn to battle what ever is going around. I woke up with a sore through that went up into my ears. Hopefully it's something easily solved by hot tea. I don't think yesterday's weather helped much. For the past week it's been in the 70's & 80's. Yesterday it was raining all day long & cold! I went outside & I swear I saw a snow flake. The mountains around us got snow. I checked weather.com & t said the temp for the area was 35 degrees but felt like 24 degrees. Yep, it sure did. That's a 40 degree difference from the day before. What a shock to ones body. It's back to being sunny today. I just saw the gardener go down the side walk. Crazy guy is wearing a short sleeve shirt. I"m sure it will warm up later but I saw his breathe!! Our back yard is covered in frost & our "lake" area (part of the yard that puddles up when it rains) is frozen over. According to weather.com it's 41 degrees. It'll get into the 60's today & through the weekend; dipping down into the 30's at night. Gotta love the desert weather!

Tootie & I enjoyed a steak & mashed potatoes dinner last night. It was pretty good. Princess dined on crackers & carrots mixed with rice cereal. She's like her big brother... LOVES food! No problem letting you know she's hungry & gets super excited when she sees it. The Pilot got to call last night!!! YAY! It was good to hear from him (finally). They have a phone they can call from for free. You just can't make super long phone calls. Which isn't a problem for us. Neither one of us are huge phone talkers. It was just nice to hear his voice. I guess they have a list of phone numbers to connect to (switches) over here then from there they call who ever they are wanting to talk to. I guess he's been trying the list but it's been it's a matter of getting someone to pick up the call & connect it.

So today the kids & I are going to venture out. Our gas bill has been outrageous. It's been just under triple our normal bill. We have a carbon monoxide detector (yes it's working). It hasn't gone off so I doubt there is a leak. I think it's just been so cold here that the heat kicks in. I have it set for 64 at night & 68 during the day. I don't think that's high. We get drafts by the doors & windows. I need to go get curtains to hang back up. Linens n things has some insulated curtains. Hopefully that helps. I want to get those for the sliding glass door. Maybe I can find some matching shorter ones for the window next to it. No clue what to do for the kitchen. I don't really feel a draft in there. I might try some window insulator for that. Test it out there & if it's not too much of a PITA to put up I may it try it on other windows. Target has some super cute ones I want for the dining room. They are black & white. I hope they go because our furniture is dark brown. Does it really matter what color furniture is? Our other colors are a light khaki, blue & green accents. I have green ones up now, but need 2 more of the same & can't find them (they are a few years old).

Any one know if the musical "Wicked" will be put on DVD like "Rent" was? I want to see it & I think Tootie would enjoy it, too. He LOVES the commercials for it. He sings & dances to it. He caught onto the tunes pretty quickly & accurately. I need to video tape him the next time the commercial comes on. He's too young to take to the theatre. I would take him in a heart beat if they would allow him. He wouldn't be THAT crying kid there. He's be THAT kid that sings, dances & claps. I'll have to check the website. Maybe the Easter Bunny will bring him the CD.

0 comments: